Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Soya Bean Roasts


I used to travel to the UK a lot for my work.  One of the things I loved to buy from there was soya nuts from the “food Doctor”.  I remember munching these away while waiting for my flight and not being bothered by the calories they contained and know how good soya is for health.  So it was one of those snacks which I did not feel guilty eating.  The project I was working on ended in the UK and so did my travels.  I have always missed those nuts.  So after experimenting with different flavours, I think I finally found something I am happy with and matches the soya nuts I so fell in love with in the UK.  Not to mention the ones I make at home cost me 1/8th the price of the ones from the food doctor.

Preparation Time:  30 minutes
 
Ingredients:

1 cup dried soya beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon cumin powder
¼ teaspoon dried mango powder
Salt to taste

Method:

  1. Soak the soya beans in water overnight.   
  2. In the morning drain the water and pat dry.   
  3. Spread on a baking tray.  Pour the olive oil over the beans and mix well.   
  4. Sprinkle the salt, mango and cumin powders and mix well and put in a pre heated over at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes.  
  5. Every 10 minutes make sure you move the beans around in the tray so they are evenly browned.   
  6. Depending on your preference if you like them browner, you can keep longer in the oven.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment