There are days when trying to find something suitable to cook for children can be a real hassle. However, with spaghetti and noodles you can never go wrong. The dish below is surprisingly simple and easy to make and tasty too. My 8-year old daughter prepared the dish under my supervision - so she just loved eating what she had made. Of course getting her brother to eat something his sister made is an entirely different story - sibling rivalry. But after explaining to him that it was my instructions and my menu and she was the one who was just "stirring" in everything, he agreed it was a good dish. Sometimes with the war we have at our house between the two children, I think my husband and I could be good negotiators of peace in the Middle East because if you can negotiate a peace at our house, you can negotiate it anywhere.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
2 eggs, hard boiled
200 grams egg noodles
1 chicken soup cube
1 carrot, grated
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 red onion medium sized , minced
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon corn oil
- Heat oil in pan.
- When hot, sauté onion in oil and fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Slide in noodles, soup cube, grated carrot and garlic-chilli sauce.
- Pour approximately two cups hot water to cover the noodles and cook on simmer point till they expand.
- Turn off heat and swirl in tomato sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Shell and serve the hard boiled eggs on top of the noodles.