Thursday, April 12, 2012

Salmon with Dill




There are some things that might not last forever if mankind is going to abuse his natural resources and does not change his ways.  And one thing I fear for is that the Great Barrier Reef in Australia might fall victim to our greed and disappear forever.  I did not have this on my places to visit.  Instead I was thinking of either Hawaii or Seychelles – a place where I can do nothing and just admire the blue ocean.  And then the thought about the rising temperatures of the ocean struck me and I thought that the Great Barrier Reef might not be there forever – I have to visit it.  So that is how it came by on my list.  It was not planned, but I have to see this natural protected wonder that we still have.  And this would give me an opportunity to visit the Aussies.

Again, like the name suggests, the Great Barrier Reef covers a very large area and is estimated to be 1000s of years old.  It has been the home to the Aboriginals – so there should be so much of history in the waters there – untold stories.  Again, it is the mysticism of who might have lived and what could have happened there that draws me to the place.  Imagine touching a rock that might have been silent witness to so many tales.

Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4

4 pieces Salmon
1 teaspoon red chili powder
2 teaspoons dried Dill
1 teaspoon honey
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
Corn oil for frying

Method:

  1. Clean, wash and pat dry the salmon pieces.  
  2. In a bowl mix the salt, chili powder and the lemon juice.   
  3. Now add the honey and mix well.  Place the salmon in the bowl and let it marinate on both sides for about 20 minutes in a cool place.  
  4. Now sprinkle the dill on the salmon till it is coated on both sides.   
  5. Heat oil in a flat pan.  When hot, shallow fry the salmon pieces till golden brown on both sides.  Serve hot with Dill & Pea Rice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment