Monday, March 26, 2012

Spinach Omelet

OK – so my mini-series of the top 5 places I would like to visit before I die starts.  This does not take into consideration those places I already have visited.  These are places I still have not visited and would love to visit some day.  I gave my list some thought and after careful review, I have come up with the 5 places.  The list is in no particular order.

So one of the places on my list to visit is actually not just a visit – it is a whole activity.  It is to take the Inca trail in Peru.  A few years back one of my friends took this trail and after she posted pictures of the place, I just knew I had to do it.  I think it was the mysticism and the serenity I felt through those pictures that made me put this place on my list.  I have read a bit about the trail – a bit because if I read a lot, I might become obsessed by it.  The trail starts in the Secret Valley and ends in Machu Picchu. 

What interests me also about this trail is the fact that you pass through several ancient settlements, experience different altitude and climate and impressive landscape.  As I grow older, I am worried I would not be fit enough to do this trail.  I have to plan it before I turn 40.  Among the 5 places I have chosen, this I think is the most difficult physically and has to be undertaken first.


Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4

Ingredients:

 200 grams Bengal gram flour (besan)
50 grams maize flour
150 grams spinach leaves
1 green chili
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon coriander leaves
A sprig of curry leaves
50 grams corn oil

Method:

  1. Wash and chop the spinach, green chilies, coriander leaves and curry leaves.  
  2. Prepare batter of maize flour, Bengal gram flour, chopped vegetables, salt and water. 
  3. Heat a girdle and grease with oil.  Pour a ladleful of batter and spread evenly.  Cook till crisp and brown on both sides.  
  4. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.

My daughter added the ketchup art work

No comments:

Post a Comment