Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mango Crumble



What motivates you to get up every morning and get out of bed?  A couple of nights back we had a whole discussion about how much sleep is necessary for one to wake up fresh and happy in the morning.  For me it was a relative thing – some needed sleep more than others and it was difficult to give a round figure and generalize on the subject.  Personally, I need at least 9 hours of sleep to wake up fresh in the morning.

And then there was another interesting theory put on the table – your motivation dictates how much sleep you need.  If you are motivated and love what you are doing, you might as well require only 5 or 6 hours of sleep whereas if you hate what you have to do when you wake up, it could be your body’s way of avoiding it.

I have given this theory some thought in the last couple of days.  I realize there could be some truth in this.  For example on weekends, we are awake earlier and without buzzing alarm clocks even though we could have had a late night out.  Whereas on weekdays, the days you have to wake up and go to work, you have to punch the alarm at least 5 times before you are finally awake. And then I think of those days when I have guests over for lunch or dinner…the excitement of preparing something for them and having them over gets me out of bed earlier than any other days.  I am not sure if it is the excitement or the motivation but they should be related in some way to get me out in a jiffy. 

In any case I am sure there could be more theories about the topic above.  As and when I come across them I would be able to give them some thought.  But for now I am going with the motivation theory – makes sense to me for now.

Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Serves 6

Ingredients:

2 cups ripe mango pieces
4 tablespoons sugar
2 cups wheat flour
5 tablespoons clarified butter
½ cup whole milk
½ teaspoon salt

Method:

  1. Mix all the above ingredients together lightly with a fork.  
  2. Transfer to a greased baking pan and bake in a moderately hot over for 30 minutes until the top is golden.  Remove and cool.  
  3. Serve with custard or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment