Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken Afghani Kabab {Murg Afghani Kabab}



Learning about relationship and team building – try googling this and see the amount of seminars and courses and books written on the subject you can find.  All theoretical advice where you would then need to find ways to put what you read or learn into practice.  Sometimes we spend our energy, money and time into things which are so basic and which should be in our instinct. 

This week while I have been in Paris for work, I have learned a valuable lesson in human relationships.  I had the opportunity to sit in a room full of strangers.  People from the same company, but people I never met before.  People who did not speak or understand the language I know.  But who on coming in in the morning, came and shook hands with me, greeted me with a “bonjour” and a smile and some even gave me a peck or two on the cheek.  The sheer action of stretching out your hand in friendship broke all barriers and by the afternoon I was chatting and joking with them even though their English was broken and my French shattered!

And it was not just me they greeted – they greeted each other by kissing or shaking a hand.  In today’s busy environment where everyone wants to get to their desk as soon as possible and start their work and not have to look at or talk to anyone, my French colleagues took the time to go around, chat and greet before getting to their desks.  I have heard about team spirit and unity and friendliness – but this is where I was lucky enough to witness and feel it.  Today was my last day sitting amidst them and it saddens me to have to leave them even though I was with sitting with them for less than 18 hours in two days.  But I learnt a valuable lesson – reach out, kiss, greet, smile and you can bring down all barriers.  Make the effort…once made, it is not that difficult.

Preparation Time: 1 hour
Serves 4

Ingredients:

1.2 kilos chicken
Salt to taste
300 grams yoghurt
60 grams ginger garlic paste
200 grams cream
10 grams garam masala
Butter for glazing
Juice of three lemons

Method:

  1. Cut the chicken into small pieces.  
  2. Mix it with salt, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice.  
  3. Whisk yoghurt and cream in a bowl.  
  4. Pour this over the chicken.  Keep aside for half an hour.  
  5. Skewer the chicken with a gap of few centimetres so the meat is exposed to maximum heat while cooking. 
  6. Cook in a moderate oven for 25 minutes.  Serve hot with salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment