I have never been to IKEA and not bought something. You always find something that could be used and end up buying it. And I have not regretted anything I have bought from there. They are very functional, easy to assemble and good value for money. No, I am not an IKEA spokesperson – just appreciating the things they sell like any consumer.
This weekend actually we spent rearranging our pantry. It was arranged, but needed some more organization. So off we went to IKEA and bought some inexpensive shelving units. My husband and 9-year old daughter spent about two hours assembling the shelves together and had it fixed in the pantry. Within a couple of hours we had a completely re-organized pantry, more space and very pleasing to the eye. Comparatively now, the rest of the house needs some organizing now. Like Project management, our scope was only the pantry, but looks like we are going to go out of scope. And of course off to IKEA again…
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
2 cups carrot gratings
1 cup coconut gratings
½ cup almond powder
½ cup milk
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 tablespoons ghee
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
Rose essence (optional)
- Grate carrot and coconut gratings and reserve some for garnishing.
- The rest can be ground along with the almond powder and milk to a coarse paste.
- Cook the paste on low flame along with the sugar, stirring till the mixture is dry.
- Add the ghee gradually and stir till the mix leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the cardamom powder and essence and mix well.
- Put in a mould of desired shape while still warm and serve garnished with shavings of carrot and coconut and almonds.